This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the development, organization and implementation of the Membership staff team. This includes, health/well-being engagement activities throughout the year. Required availability for this position is Monday- Wednesday 10-7 and Friday 10-7 and Saturday 9a-3p.
1. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Works with supervisor to develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
2. Develops, models and integrates systems and practices that encourage and sustain positive relationships and retention of members/participants.
3. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
4. Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
5. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
6. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
7. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
8. Actively participates in department and branch meetings and/or trainings.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.