This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Director directs all aspects of membership for the branch including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals.
1. Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates with Program Directors on program specifics and registration details.
4. Plans and executes established membership campaigns to maximize enrollments.
5. Develops and manages department budget to meet fiscal objectives.
6. Develops and meets membership goals and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
7. Ensures proper implementation of Welcome Center procedures and risk management guidelines. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
8. Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
9. Manage payroll related transactions and monitor for accuracy and completeness.
10. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
11. Actively participates in branch, department and association staff meetings and/or related trainings.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using Performance Review process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.