This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Program Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of YMCA programming.
1. Resolves administrative problems and inquiries.
2. Assists in data administration including data entry and reporting.
3. Manages program inventory, audits and analysis.
4. Assists with program registration and activity organization.
5. Answers and returns program phone calls.
6. Processes financial transactions for participants.
7. Develops and delivers participant communication.
8. Prepares materials and actively assists with program meetings and training.
9. Actively participates in branch and department staff meetings and/or trainings.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Communication & Influence
1. At least 18 years of age
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
3. Ability to work independently with attention to detail required
4. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software
5. Demonstrated success with organization, data entry and communication
6. Demonstrated leadership, dependability & flexibility in work hours
7. Complete within 30 days of hire: YMCA cause & culture, program-specific software training, CPR/AED/First Aid (provided by the YMCA)
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.