This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Human Resources Clerk provides administrative/clerical support for the Human Resources Department while managing and executing the day-to-day administrative tasks.
1. Supports staff recruitment by posting open positions via online portal and advertising through multiple online outlets.
2. Ensures YMCA programs are safe by receiving potential staff background check results and working with HR team to confirm the best candidates.
3. Assists in Human Resources processes by reviewing electronic and paper documents.
4. Assists in personnel management through accurate maintenance of manual filing systems.
5. Assists in Human Resources data entry while maintaining employee confidentiality.
6. Reviews forms and enters information accurately and thoroughly.
7. Completes routine assignments independently.
8. Completes special projects and other administrative tasks as assigned.
9. Regular scheduled attendance required.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
• High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent
• 1 year of administrative, clerical, or human resources work experience is preferred
• High level of verbal, written, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability and skills in word processing, spreadsheets, web-based content management systems as well as manual filing and organization
• Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR & FA
• Completion of YMCA-specific trainings or certifications
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office environment. Intermittent sitting, standing, walking are required.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.