STEM at the YMCA provides engaging hands on STEM clubs for afterschool programs across Omaha. We are currently seeking part-time staff to facilitate clubs on weekdays during the hours of 3:15-6pm. Candidates must be available on Monday's and Wednesday from 3-4:45. Additional hours are also available. Must have your own reliable transportation.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Youth Activity Supervisor supports the potential of all youth by developing activities and leading staff to facilitate youth programming.
1. Plans and/or implements age-appropriate activities based on YMCA values and development standards.
2. Nurtures children through purposeful programming, dedicated to building achievement and belonging as well as fostering relationships among youth and their families.
3. Schedules and assists in supervision of assigned staff and activities to ensure a safe and fun environment for children and families.
4. Instructs or facilitates direct programming as needed or assigned.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
6. Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
7. Enforces and adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness.
8. Actively participates in department and branch meetings and trainings.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Communication & Influence
Critical Thinking & Decision Making
1. At least 18 years of age
2. At least 1 year experience in assigned program area
3. Ability to work with and supervise participants of various ages, with a focus on youth
4. Demonstrated success leading assigned program area
5. Demonstrated leadership, dependability & flexibility in work hours, including weekends
6. Demonstrated success working independently with attention to detail required
7. Complete before first shift: YMCA cause & culture training; CPR/AED/First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention and program-specific training
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Indoor/outdoor environment, intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running and water play with children may be required.
• Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions required.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.